Monday, November 24, 2014

Success, hull! (yet another old family joke)

So, no one we're working with really wants to meet with us this week cause of Thanksgiving. 
Our solution?
Make appointments with members!
This proved to be harder than it sounds. 

First phone call: 
Me: "How are you doing?" 
Member: "Oh....I could be better." 
Me: "Well you could be worse, too!" *I pull the phone away from me and turn to Sister H and ask, "Why did I say that? WHY did I say that?!" 

Second phone call: 
Member: "Hello?" 
Sister H: "Hi, it's the Stimpsons!" 
*please insert uncontrollable laughter here*
Member: "......what?" 
Sister H: "Um.....It's...........the Sisters.........." 

Third Phone call:
Sister H: "We're going to be in your area on Thanksevening---" 
*uncontrollable laughter*
It was a struggle, guys. 
It was a struggle. 

I don't quite know what to say about this week. It was incredible!

First of all, Sister H and I took Sister C's bed and put the mattress under Sister H's mattress, and the box spring under my mattress, so our beds are super tall. It's like the best thing ever! I feel like Princess and the Pea!

Our new convert family is doing amazing :) We were able to set their cousin with a baptismal date. Just in the short amount of time they've been baptized I've seen all of them grow so much!

The granddaughter of one of my previous converts is also doing really well. She's getting baptized in a few weeks and is telling everyone about it!

Guys, sometimes I wish I had a video camera following me around all the time, so that on weeks when the work has been amazing, you all can see how wonderful it is cause so much happened and I have such limited time to write about it!

Sister H and I laugh at a lot of stupid things. I keep trying to type out the situations, but they're just not appreciated as much if you're not there. 

Life’s good. I'm craving some serious guacamole. 

Gaa! This email is lame. 

Love you all!

Hurrah for Israel!


Sister Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment