Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November

So, Tuesday morning, Sister H, Sister C and I walked into district meeting. We waved to the man mowing the lawn, who I actually remember from last year. We walk inside to see the assistants, Elder G and Elder E standing there along with the zone leaders, Elder B and Elder S. I served with both Elder G and E in Elmira, so when I saw them I smiled and said, "My friends!!! Wait, why are you guys here?"
Turns out the assistants were spending the day with the zone leaders. 
 District meeting started, and for part of it, we broke up into groups. Sister H and I were in a group with Elder G. We flip open to the scriptures we're supposed to be reading, all while I'm telling Elder G something, he stands up mid-sentence and walks out with Elder E and Elder S. 
Sister H and I looked at each other, shrugged, then turned back to what we were supposed to be doing. However, the two of us seem to get really giggly around each other, so we weren't getting much done. 
Then, Elder G walked back in with the two other elders. 
 "The lawn mower outside caught on fire." 
"WHAT?" everyone in the room says. 
"Nothing. We'll talk about it after the meeting." 
 Elder G sat back down in our group. 
"OH. Elder G you smell AWFUL." I said, covering my nose. 
"What?"
"You smell like a campfire!" 
"Aw MAN!" he said, after smelling his suitcoat. "Now I'm gonna smell the rest of the day." 
"Hey, at least it was for an honorable cause." 
"No, it really wasn't." 
"You saved a man's lawn mower! I'd say that's honorable! And it could be worse. You could smell like pot." 
"I'm not sure if that's any worse.' 
"You could smell like hoarder?" 
"Oh man, we helped a hoarder move yesterday and I smelt SO bad." 
The three of the elders that helped literally smelled the whole room up. 
I found it downright hilarious. 
 We saw the zone leaders on Sunday, too for.............OUR INVESTIGATOR FAMILY'S BAPTISMAL INTERVIEWS!
So, normally the ward waits until after the interviews to announce about the baptism, BUT the interviews weren't until after church on Sunday, and the baptism is on Saturday.
On Sunday, Bishop came up to us and said, "Have they had their interviews yet?"
"Noooooope. It's tonight." 
"Should we announce it anyway?" 
"Yuuuuuuuuup." 
So then come the interviews and I find that I'm a nervous WRECK. They have no reason not to be baptized, but I was still nervous. 
The two youngest were interviewed first.  The first one came out, and Elder S gave a thumbs up, meaning he had passed. 
I breathed a sigh of relief and whispered to Sister C and Sister H, "OKAY. We have at least ONE baptism guys! ONE BAPTISM!" 
The next one came out soon after, and Elder B also gave a thumbs up, saying he had passed. 
"TWO baptisms! Okay, we are doing GREAT!" Sister H whispered back. 
One by one they each came out, and they each had passed. By the end, EVERYONE was smiling and SO excited! We are now prepping everything for the baptism! WISH. US. LUCK. 
 It has been an absolute blast serving in Owego as a trio. Sister H and I are waaaaaaaaaaay too much alike. We have too much fun together, so it's a good thing Sister C is there to keep us in line. 
 Anyway, I love you all! Wish I had more time to write, but alas, I must go. 
 Hurrah for Israel!
 Sister Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment