Monday, November 17, 2014

Here we go!

So I got a letter from Sister L this week! Now, Sister L got transferred to the ward just 30 minutes south of Saratoga. One of our investigators, got baptized about 3 weeks ago. 

Sister L said she and her companion were walking down the street, when a car pulls up beside them and rolls down the window. Who should be inside, but our former investigator!
"Uhhisisterlit'sme! iknowyoumightnotrecognizeme......ijustgotnewglasses!" 

Sister L walked up and said hello, and thought to herself, "Oh, like I'd ever not recognize you." 

"So.....I'm a Mormon, now!" he declared proudly (and quickly, I'm assuming. I'd just figure I'd type it out so that it's readable.), "I got the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday! My mom came. She came to my baptism, too. I think she secretly wants to be a Mormon." 

I seriously hope someday I can see him again. That guy is so great. 

We have had such a good week. 

First of all, Sister H, Sister C and I visited our investigator family every day this week, whether for a lesson, or just to check up to see how they're doing. No surprise there, but the week leading up to their baptism was stressful for all of them.
However, through the various trials they were facing, they all turned to the Lord in prayer or in scripture reading. 

Their baptism came, and it was seriously the best and most spiritual baptism I've experienced so far. The room was PACKED. So much so that we ran out of chairs and had to go get some from the Primary room. 
The mom bore her testimony, talking about how she knew the Book of Mormon was the work of God, and how the church had become her family, especially since her family had all abandoned her.
It was SO cool seeing each of them get baptized! Afterwards, we were talking to all of them. 
"How do you feel?" I asked the oldest son, who started out by being the most hesitant to join, and then became the most solid one. 
"Fine. Well. I'm a lot happier now." 

The next oldest son could NOT stop smiling from ear to ear. 

The daughter was mostly embarrassed that she had to be dunked twice. 
"That just means you're extra special!" said the mom. 

It was such a spiritual experience, and I really feel SO blessed to be able to be here back in Owego for it!

Our week ended, however, with a sad bit of news. After nearly 2 months of being sick, Sister C had to go home for medical release. She should be back soon, but let me tell you, I don't like this whole "sending sick companions home" thing. 
I have no doubt that she'll be back in a few weeks, however. And this way, she can come back in full force. 
Speaking of coming back, SISTER N IS COMING BACK TO THE MISSION FIELD SOON! I am SO excited and will get to see her before I come home. 

Man. The Lord is so good to us. 

I love you all! 

Hurrah for Israel!


Sista' Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment