Monday, September 2, 2013

24601

I still hate subject titles.

Dear Everyone, 

So I only have an hour to write today (actually more like 45 minutes now-- we're going mini golfing  so we don't have as much time) so if I don't respond to everyone's email sorry!!! But I loved them all and I really appreciate them. You seriously don't know how helpful your emails/letters are to me. So keep writing. 

Okay. So this week was super eventful, but I'll cram in some of the highlights since I don't have much time this week. 

So first off I ate road kill. Seriously. Road kill. We're at a dinner appointment eating some sort of chicken pot pie thing, and the woman's like, "Oh and this is deer meat!"
"Oh how'd you get the deer meat?" asked Sister R, while I'm sitting there thinking, "Don't ask that...don't you dare ask that...I don't want to KNOW how she got Bambi on my plate." 

And she chuckles to herself and tells us this story about how she was driving and saw a guy hit a deer. Now, in NY, whenever you hit a deer, it's illegal if you don't call the cops after doing so. SO. She pulls over to the guy and the cop and says, "Hey, can I take the deer?" and the cop said she could. So she did. Then she skinned it, got the meat, canned it.....and now here I was. Eating it. 
Tasted like pork, in case you were wondering. 

So I ate road kill. 

Second of all, transfer calls. The zone leader calls us, and says, "Are you sitting down?"
Us: "Yes." 
ZL: "You sure?" 
Us: "Yessss!" 
ZL: "Okay. On transfer days. You're going to wake up."
Us: "Okay."
ZL: "You're going to do your morning program. Then you're gonna get in the car."
Us: "Yes?!" 
ZL: "Then you're gonna drive." 
Me: "OH MY JUST TELL US." 
ZL: "You're gonna drive around your area cause you and the Elders are staying here!"

So we both are either doing something horribly wrong and the Mission president wants to contain it to this area....or we're doing something right and the Mission President wants us to keep doing it! So Sister R and the Elders and I will all be in Owego for another six weeks!
SO. Let's talk about Sunday!

Our investigator came! But not our recent convert :( it makes me really sad. Every week she promises she'll come. 

We had a good fast Sunday with good testimonies.
After church we went with Sister W to visit a couple. She's good friends with them and was honest with us when she said that the wife really isn't interested and might pull the husband away too - who was originally interested. So we go to their house, but they said they were busy so we didn't get to visit with them :(

So Sister W took us to visit her niece, who is 22. I totally forgot what it was like to talk to someone my age not about missionary work. It was awesome! Except we talked in the yard and it was full of mosquitos, bees, a dozen cats, and no shade. It is seriously a blessed MIRACLE I didn't get any sort of allergic reaction. I was praying the whole time we were talking to her to just not get any sort of bite, hive or burn.
Blessings of being a missionary.

It was a good week mostly visiting less actives, because our investigators are dropping like flies.

Hopefully we'll pick up some sort of investigator this next week. Wish us luck!

Sista' Stimpson. 


No comments:

Post a Comment