Monday, September 23, 2013

What up

What's up!
Here's my personal shout out to Mama Cox! 

Nothing of vast significance happened this week. Well kind of. We had a baptismal date for our investigator set for the 28th. REAAAAAALLLY long story short: a woman in the ward told us that there may be a problem. So we go over and ask our investigator and she proceeded to cry and say how she's feeling VERY excluded by the ward. It's SOOOO frustrating! We've tried so hard to fellowship her but things just aren't working out because of some family issues, so it's been really, really hard to find people who are willing to come with us to lessons. We had to push back her date to the 12th and I'm still nervous for that date. If we don't find someone who will be her friend I really don't know how she'll stay active. It's so frustrating! She is trying SO hard to get to know people and if just isn't working out. I seriously am clueless as to what to do :/ 

Our new convert was supposed to come to church on Sunday, but she got sick. That was discouraging.

Hmmm what else, what else. We did quite a bit of tracting this week (including Holmes road. I love Sherlock Holmes!) and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE in all of New York has at LEAST 2 dogs and cats. One day I go up to this glass door and knock on it and BOOM this dog leaps up and starts howling at us. So I'm staring at it and am like, "Stay calm....just.....stay....calm....."
It won't leave, and no one is coming to the door. I knock again and BOOM the dog leaps back and jumps on the door once again, to which I go, "aaaaaaaah" and run away. 
I'm kind of a pansy. 

Then one house had this HUUUUUUGE black lab standing in the driveway, just STARING at us, growling. We looked at it, said nope, and scurried quickly away. 

Again. I'm kind of a pansy. 
But in my defense I didn't have my big scriptures on me, which I like to think I can use as a weapon against dogs like that. 

Then one door had a long, glass window next to it. We could see the top of a couch through that window and laying on top of that couch.....was a chihuahua. It was shaking, and its beady little eyes were glued to us. We get to the door, and Sister R said, "Oh. This one's gonna blow." We knock, and sure enough - BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK

I think you get the picture.

So THEN we go to this house, and there's this guy sitting in kind of a mess of just......stuff.....that's all scattering out of his garage. So we go up to him and I'm like, "Hey, how're you doing?" 
"I'm separating copper from iron. That's how I'm doing." 
"......sounds like a fun activity."
He then proceeded to tell us his life story. We heard all about his childhood (he learned to speak Greek, Latin and Hebrew) and his post-high school years (he joined the army and was with four other Mormons in his branch or something like that).

So he said we could go back! That was exciting. Other than that, kind of a busy but boring week. The leaves are at this awkward stage where half the tree is yellow/red, and the other half is green. I tried to take pictures, but it just turned out to look like a big ol green mess. Ah well. I'll send them anyway. 

Love you all!
Hurrah for Israel,
Sista Stimpson!


No comments:

Post a Comment