Monday, September 30, 2013

4 monthaversary!

Guys. I just had the single most disturbing thing of my life happen.
So, first off, our dryer's fixed. Secondly, we share the dryer with our landlord. Thirdly, our dryer/washer is in the hallway of our building. So today I put my clothes in the dryer and went about to do my business. Later, I hear the buzzer go off, signaling that my clothes were now done drying. I start walking to the door when I heard someone outside. So I'm like, "Well that's curious." and I go up to the peephole and look outside.....
To see my landlord in a speedo, looking in the dyer. 
So at this point I'm pretty disturbed. A MAN IN A SPEEDO WAS CLOSE TO MY CLOTHES!
I started pacing around the kitchen, horrified at what I just saw, the image of that man's speedo-covered-rear-end burned into my retinas, my mind, my soul. 
Then when I heard him load his clothes in the washer, I looked in the peephole again. 
He was gone this time, so I ran out, and grabbed all my clothes. They were still damp, but I didn't care. I just held them and cradled them and told them sorry that the man in the speedo looked at you. 
Then I hung them up to dry and we came here to do emailing and I'm now telling you all about this. 
Thank goodness I looked in the peephole. 

Kind of a dullish week again. Our lessons with our investigator and our new convert went well!.....then of course neither one of them came to church. 

Grump grump grump.
I've also had a hard time focusing on the work this week. It doesn't help when your Landlord is watching Star Wars and you can totally hear it. We were eating lunch, when Sister R and I were pretty dang sure we heard the sound of light sabers above us. To attempt to focus on the work, I started singing a hymn.
"There is beauty all around."
"You killed my father!"
"When there's love at home."
"No, Luke. I AM your father."
"There is joy in every sound."
"NO....NOOOOOOO."
"When there's love, at home."
My laws.
Wonder if he was watching it in a speedo. 
We also had another lesson at a family's house. The lesson started with us going in with their home teacher and sitting down. The wife began talking to Sister R and I about Plato's closet at the same time the husband started to talk about soccer with his home teacher. Somehow....by some blasted MIRACLE, in between talking about the Pope, Les Mis, dieting, Glee, politics (which Sister R and I had to say absolutely nothing about because as missionaries we can't talk about politics so we sat there awkwardly), famous LDS people (oddly enough the Osmonds weren't mentioned), a slew of almost every other religion EXCEPT Mormonism, and the husband, who isn't a member, arguing against everything we were saying, SOMEHOW we managed to talk about Amalikiah. Oh my laws. It was complete madness.
But that's pretty much how every visit with them goes. So that was fun.

OH. OH. OH. So Wednesday was like, national "Bash a Missionary Day" and we had a lot of mean people talk to us. And by the end of the day, I was like, "OKAY. ONE MORE MEAN PERSON IS GOING TO GET BASHED ACROSS THEIR HEAD." 
Seriously, people. 
I was seriously grumpy after Wednesday, but then Thursday came! We went to a nursing home to visit a woman, when we turned the corner and then BOOM there was a less active member we have had the HARDEST time contacting lately! 
Here's the story with her. The first two times we stopped by, she let us in and we had a good visit with her. Then after that, she disappeared off the face of the planet. We would try her all times of the day but she was NEVER home. So we were sad and came to the conclusion that we probably hallucinated her and that she doesn't actually exist and that the house we THOUGHT she lives in is actually abandoned.
Then two weeks ago, we were driving by her house and were like, "Meh why not." We stopped by, and she was there! We were like, "Hey! How are you!" "Not good, actually." Then she told us about how in the same day, both her uncle and dog died. We talked to her for a little bit and said a prayer with her and left. It was awesome!
Then she went back to that whole disappearing off the face of the earth thing. BUT ANYWAY. 
We turned the corner of the nursing home and BOOM there she is! She's one of the workers there! And she was like, "Hey!!!" we talked to her for a little bit and checked up to see how she was doing, then she was like, "Feel free to drop by anytime you're free!" 
So I was like aaaaaw she likes us! 
As we were leaving the nursing home, we were talking to this old guy, and as we said goodbye to him, she came up to him and said, "you just talked to two of the best ladies on this planet!" 
It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 
Anyway, nothing else new to report. Hopefully something good happens this week. I'm really, really hoping :/ 
Love you all!
Sista Stimpson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment