Thursday, October 23, 2014

Guys, I don't even know what to write about this week

Like seriously. I'm back in Owego! My sweet, sweet, blessed town of Owego. But I don't know even where to start!

Okay, yes I do. Here's where I start: 

Now, in the 5th Harry Potter movie, Voldemort comes back. And only a handful of people believe it. Cornelius Fudge, the minister of magic, doesn't believe that Voldemort is back, until he sees Voldemort. It's this super dramatic scene where Fudge sees him then says, "He's back!"
That's totally what I've felt like this past week. 

People’s number one reaction when they see me? 

"You're back!" 
"I'm back!" 

Also, typing out that premise of Harry Potter? Totally relatable to the Savior's resurrection. And Thomas. Didn't believe the Savior was back until he saw him himself. 

Guys I love this gospel!

I'm in a trio (at least for the next week....transfer calls are this Saturday!! We'll see what happens!!) with two sisters: Sister R, who is going home at the end of this transfer, and Sister C, who has been sick these past 8 weeks! She is able to go to set appointments, but she feels miserable all the time, and she isn't able to do much finding, BUT! The three of us are having a lot of fun. 

Sometimes too much fun. 

Like, on Friday, we helped clean someone's house. They asked us to take some things to a shelter to donate. So we fill our car to the brim with random stuff, and start driving. Our car smells pretty bad in minutes, and then BOOM, we realize that the shelter is closed until Monday. 
The result? 
We rolled down the windows while driving at 55mph, it being FREEZING cold, and raining, and not caring at all because our car smells really bad. 
I ended up putting a coat over my head to help keep myself warm. 
But my hair was still a MESS. 
Thankfully, on Saturday we found a different shelter that was open, and we were able to donate the stuff there and Febreeze our car. 

Sister C was having a really hard day on Saturday, and Sister R and I really didn't know how to help. She felt sick, she felt drained, she felt sad. So what did we do? 

We bought her the most adorable, fluffy, grey hippo stuffed animal. Sister C. refuses to named stuffed animals, so we named him for her.  Used a combination of Sister R’s name and mine.   
Hehe. 
I think it helped. 

We have had quite a bit of success this week. We are teaching a few great families, and they're set for baptism soon! The granddaughter of someoneI taught previously is also set for baptism this next month! 

We're also meeting with a woman my first companion and I picked up a year ago! She has grown a lot. And we had an AMAZING lesson with her this week! When we were reading the Book of Mormon with her, Sister C  said something that really, really touched her and she said, "It's really the first time I've felt like I've known it's true in my heart, rather in just my head." 
I absolutely love her. 
And the Book of Mormon, man. It is POWERFUL! 

Yeah this letter is definitely totally lame. 
But! I love you all! And I will let you know what happens with transfer calls!!

Hurrah for Israel!

Sister Stimpson



No comments:

Post a Comment