Monday, July 14, 2014

another week


I literally have nothing exciting.
I mean, exciting things have happened! I just can't think of anything!

We'll start with Sunday.

We were sitting by the Elders, waiting to greet people. It was about 45 minutes before church started, but we were there early for a meeting. Nobody else was around.....
and then....
we see one of our investigator's car roll up.

"Ah man," I said, "Why is he so early?!"
"I don't know!" said Sister L, "There's not even anyone here to sit by him!"

He walked in and we greeted him. He began talkingreallyfastlikethisagain, when members started to show up!

He began to move towards the chapel, and I said, "Okay, we're going to greet a few more people before we head in."

"okaysoundsgoodi'llsitwhereisatlastweekandyoucansitbyme."

"....huh? Oh. Okay. Great."

We continued to greet a few members, when one shook our hands and said, "You have an elderly gentleman investigator, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, he's on his way in."

"Oh! Good!"

He walked in, and shook our hands.

"I'm going to sit in the chapel," he said.
"Okay, we're going to greet a few people, then we'll be right in."
"What?"
"WE'LL BE RIGHT IN," we said.
"Okay. I'll save you a seat."

Uh oh.

"Hey guys!" said someone.
We turned around to see our Young Adult investigator's friend.
"Hey!"
"My friend should be here in a few minutes, she's just running a little late. I'll run in and save all of us a seat!"

Uh oh.

Sister L and I looked at each other.

Now, normally when we know an investigator is coming to church and we'd like someone to sit by them, we call a member during the week and ask if they'd be willing to invite them to sit by them.

Yeah....we totally forgot to do that this week.

Sister L and I stood by the doors, staring at all four of our investigators.

"They're all sitting by themselves," said Sister L.
"Ah crud." I mumbled.
The Elders stood next to us.
"Want us to sit next to one of them?"
"Yes! Please! Sit by the one in the purple shirt. He's the one who talks really fast." 
"Got it."
And they went and sat down by him.

"Okay. I'll take the Young Adults, you take the older man." said Sister L.
I sat down next to him as the meeting began.
We began to sustain people. he turns to me and asked what they were doing. I began to explain it to him, then he said, "WHAT?"
So I had to explain to him louder. 
Then in the middle of sacrament, he turned to me asked another question.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking, 'Sorry, parents, who are trying to teach their little children to be reverent during the sacrament, but I fear I'm going to have to be a bit loud at this time.'
I answered him as quietly as I could.

Then he kept falling asleep during the speakers. Sister L kept turning around and looking at us, and mouthing, "Is he asleep?"
I'd usually shrug.
And then he's sneeze, or scratch his nose or something, and I'd be reassured that he WAS indeed alive and asleep.

We also had zone conference this week! So three transfers ago, the missionary department introduced a new teaching method, and ever since then, the leaders have been pushing hard to apply it into all elements of missionary work.
We had a Sister Training Leader council with the assistants and President Wirthlin after zone conference.
President Wirthlin explained that he feels like they've done enough telling about this new teaching method, and it's time that we actually do some showing.
And so, this transfer we will be going on exchanges for three days.
As in, this next week, I will be in a nearby town with that set of sisters for three days, while Sister L will be in another town for three days with those two sisters.
It is going to be an insane week.

But exciting!

Anyway. I love you all SO much!

Hurrah for Israel!

Sista' Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment