Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weekly of letters

Hello, Hello!

So I made an awesome discovery this week. 
Ice cream is still delicious in -4 degree weather. Yup. 
I also can't believe I've been out 8 months. I feel like that's a huge accomplishment....but I also feel like I've just started. Basically at every month mark, I have two thoughts: 
Thought 1: "Okay. I made it another month. Just a few more to go." 
Thought 2: "OH MY GOSH. ANOTHER MONTH HAS GONE. I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME!" 
It's great. 
 This week has been an obstacle of sorts. I have been frustrated lately because I feel like I'm not completely connecting with the ward, people, my companion or my investigators here. It's not like I'm totally disconnected from them, but I definitely am not meshing with them. It's been very frustrating because I'm not exactly sure how to overcome this. 
........but I guess that's why the Lord's here.......to help me over come this.
I know it'll come with time. But it's still frustrating in the moment.
We had a BAPTISM Saturday! Saturday morning we went early so we could fill the font. We finished, then left for about an hour to go help a family in the ward move. When we came back.....the font was significantly lower.....
We then went into slightly panic mode as Sister H hiked up her skirt and pushed the plug in more with her toe, and I turned the water back on. We left the water on until the actual baptism, so it was still at a good height! But yeah. So funny. 
The girl who got baptized has such an unstable life. It has been heart breaking to see, but I KNOW this gospel will help her. I just really hope she'll be able to find some peace and stability in her life. It'll be hard, especially since she's still young and needs to depend on others for a few more years, but I know if she keeps to the teachings of the gospel, she'll be able to have that peace and stability. 
This is possibly the lamest weekly letter of the century. I literally cannot think of what else happened this week. I was sick! I still kind of am. I've been basically a walking zombie these past couple days. 
"UUUUUUUURGH *Sniffle sniffle* wanna hear about the gospel?" 
It's bad. 

Sister H and I also have this problem -- she's very quiet and I'm shy around people I don't know.
Let's just say dinner appointments are VERY awkward. 
Thankfully everyone in this ward has a dozen little kids, so it's usually mad chaos at the dinner table anyway. 
 Well. Guess I should end with an apology for nothing too exciting happening. But I am SO grateful to be out serving this mission! I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything. I am grateful for the Lord and I know that he has a hand in everyone's lives, and especially in this work. My knowledge and love for the gospel has grown a lot these past 8 (I KNOW RIGHT? 8!) months, and I am so, so, so blessed to be a part of it. 
I love and miss you all so much!

Sista' Stimpson. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment