Monday, December 23, 2013

Fear Not Little Flock - D&C 6

A spiritual subject title? Since when? But that was a scripture I REALLY liked this week. 

This was a fantastic week! Unfortunatly I am super pressed for time....BUT I WILL SEE YOU WEDNESDAY SO I CAN TELL YOU AAAAAALL ABOUT IT! 

We went caroling as a district! The first three houses were super awkward. First, the people answered, left the screen door open, then walked away. We finished, then they poked their heads out and said thanks, and we scurried away. 
The next guy tried to give us money during the song. I think he wanted us to leave. We didn't take the money, though. Told him to donate it to Salvation Army. 
You're welcome, Salvation Army. 
The third guy was Jewish. He looked through the window, then next thing we know, we hear the door locking and all the lights are being turned off. And he's still looking at us through the window. 
Point taken. 

But the next houses went really well! One lady, a Christian woman from India, said that she used to go caroling all the time in India, but had never seen carolers since she came to the USA, so she joined us! 
Another old couple gave us cookies and said they hadn't seen carolers in years. And a Catholic lady gave us a bunch of HUGE candy canes, which we then regifted to a little seven year old at another house, because it was her birthday! So we sang Happy Birthday to her. Then an old guy sat on his porch and listened to us while trying to control his dog. 

Caroling was very humbling. I will never make fun of carolers again. One of the members who came with us was super excited about caroling. So much so, she made us surround a family getting out of their car and carol to them. 
I pretended to not know the words so I could look at the music and not make eye contact with them. 
I did the same thing when an attractive guy answered the door. 

ANYWAY. 

We had an incredibly awkward lesson with our young man investigator this week. Ever taught the law of chastity to a fifteen-year-old? 
Well I guess this is just getting me ready for parenthood. 
Actually I was pretty quiet throughout the whole thing and Sister S took over. 

But he came to church yesterday!

IT was just a fantastic week. Everyone is in a happy Christmas mood. Yesterday we went tracting and handed out candy canes with a Christmas message on them. Our number one conversation was this: 
Person: "Oh so they have girls now? It's usually the guys who come around. I'm really not interested." 
Me: "But we have Candy Canes and a picture of Jesus!" 
Sister S: "No commitment required!" 
Person: "......Okay then!" 
I consider it seed planting. 

I also fear I may actually be becoming friends with the new elder. I MADE HIM LAUGH ON WEDNESDAY! AND WE ACTUALLY HAD A CORDIAL CONVERSATION! AND WE FIST BUMPED YESTERDAY!
Either that or we're just getting used to each other. 
I'll take that, too.  

SO excited about my new nephew! I keep telling everyone about it. I think everyone's getting sick of it. 
I think they're just jealous. 

LOVE YOU ALL AND I AM SO SO SO EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU ON WEDNESDAY. 
I don't know what I'm gonna do after Christmas. This is like, all I've been looking forward to for the past month and a half. 
Look forward to Mother's Day I guess?
I did the math and I'll be talking to you guys every six months. 
First time was the airport, six months later it's Christmas, six months later it's Mothers Day, six months later I'm home. 
CRAZY. 

Loves!
Hurrah for Israel!
Sister Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment