Monday, December 30, 2013

Best week ever

Best week ever! Cause it was Christmas! And I got to see you guys! Hurray!

As y'all already saw, I was driving past a salon, and said, "Sister S. I want a perm." 
Then BOOM four hours later my hair was curly AND I LOVE IT! I've gotten a lot of compliments on it too. Except from one lady who said, "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?!" 
"I permed it." 
"BUT WHY? YOU HAD SUCH PRETTY STRAIGHT HAIR." 
"Yeah I had to deal with said straight hair for twenty years. It was time for a change." 
But the popular girl in young women's complimented me on it. 
Does that mean I'm popular? 
I always wanted to be!

Speaking of church, we had a combined Relief Society / Priesthood meeting in which we talked about goal setting. Us and the Elders had to teach it. We broke it up into four different topics: what is a goal? why are they important? how do we set them? and how can we achieve them? 
So Sister S stand ups there and says, "So....what is a goal to you guys?" 
chirp.....chirp.....chirp......chirp......
SOMEONE RAISES THEIR HAND AND GIVES A SHORT COMMENT!
chirp.....chirp.....chirp.....chirp
Two minutes later she sat down. 
Then Elder Z got up there and asked a question. A man responds and Elder Z then says, "Wow.....you actually just quoted the talk I wanted to talk on. Um.....so now Sister Stimpson's going to talk about how to set goals." 
Great. Five minutes down, 40 minutes to go. 
Elder C leans over and says in a whisper-yell, "YOU BETTER TAKE UP A LOT OF TIME." 
"Oh don't worry. I got me some personal stories." 
Somehow I managed to get people rambling. And I rambled myself about personal stories, and then somehow I rambled some more.
New Yorkers, man. They're totally rubbing off on me. 
But then I managed to kill twenty minutes, and Elder C finished the rest of the time!
GO TEAM GO!

We has a wonderful Christmas in which I took away the Elders' agency by making them participate in acting out the Nativity. Elders B, W and Z were the wise men and Mama Cox had to teach them how to make a turban out of a towel. Elder C was the shepherd, and I was a sheep and I wore a hideous, long, old, bad smelling, black fur coat and baa'd a lot.  Mama and Papa Cox were Mary and Joseph, and their dialog consisted of this:
Sister K, the narrator: "And she was great with child..."
Mama Cox: "WHERE'S MY BABY?"
Elders: "WAIT WHY ISN'T SHE PREGNANT?"
*I throw pillow at her*
She held it in front of her stomach, and Papa Cox lovingly patted it. 
Sister K: "And she wrapped him in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger...." 
Elders: "Hold up! Where's the baby? Why don't we have a baby Jesus?" 
Me (I got assigned as the director) : Just use the pillow! 
Mama Cox cradles the pillow, and Papa Cox patted it lovingly. 
Then the Bishop's son, who was the Inn Keeper, had a southern accent. 
But that's a whole other story. 

Then the next day happened. Sister S got sick in the night, and I woke up SOOOOOOOO tired. When 6:30 came along, we rolled out of bed and Sister S got sick again, took some Tylenol and laid back down. It took me a half hour to do like......10 jumping jacks and 10 sit ups. I was SO. TIRED. 
So I studied until eleven, then curled up on the couch and slept until Sister S woke up. She was like, "Mmmmmmur I don't feel so good."
"Yeah you don't look so good either." 
"I threw up." 
"Yeah I heard. You up for going to teach a lesson?" 
"Yeah, I think I can." 
We went and taught a lesson, went and got a prescription, started weekly planning, then she stood up and said, "Ugh. I have to lie down. I feel really sick. I'll be back in five minutes." 
........my thoughts?
Yeah, she so isn't coming back in five minutes. 
That was at 5 o' clock. 
I read some scriptures until 6 o' clock, then I watched some cheesy church videos from the 80's. 
That lasted until 7 o' clock. Then I ate some yogurt and all my Christmas candy. Then I felt like a super fatty and did some real jumping jacks and sit ups and push ups, then ran around the apartment. 
That lasted until 8 o' clock. And I was getting REALLY stir crazy by now. So I called some members to see if they could come to our lessons tomorrow, then I cleaned the apartment, put away the Christmas decorations, studied Preach my Gospel, contemplated making cookies, realized we didn't have any eggs so I didn't make any cookies, then I sat down at 9 o' clock and planned for the next day and wrote in my journal. 
So then 10 o' clock comes and I crawl into bed, and Sister S sits up and says, "Oh my gosh what time is it?" 
"10 o' clock." 
"WHAT? I ONLY MEANT TO LIE DOWN FOR TEN MINUTES!" 
So she got up, went to the bathroom, ate some cereal, came back, and fell asleep AGAIN. 
Yeah, she was pretty sick. but the next day she was completely fine, aside from a small headache! 

Hahahaha. Yeah let's talk about the next day. We had FIVE lessons planned! FIVE! Three of them had a member present for them, and guess how many of them actually worked out!
..........none. 
Zip.
Zero. 
None. 
Sister B:  Oh hey! I forgot you girls were coming. Come in and sit down!
We didn't get to teach her, we just chatted with her about life, set up a return appointment, and went to our next appointment.

Investigator: Oh sorry ladies! I forgot you gals were coming. Um...can you come back next week?
We set up a return appointment, went and contacted some referrals, then went to our next appointment. 

Other investigator: MY MORMON FRIENDS! COME IN AND SIT DOWN!
We didn't get to teach her, she just chatted about her life to us, then we said a prayer with her and went to our next appointment. 

Next one: *knock knock knock*............................................"Knock again." *knock knock knock." ................................................ *Sister S opens the door and looks inside* "Oh my gosh. His TV's on, his hat is sitting there, and his cat is on the couch. He's dead. He's got to be dead." 
"Okay, then, let's leave because I don't want to be the one to find him."
We went and visited a less active, and went to our next appointment, which was dinner/a lesson. 

Less-Active Member: "Hey ladies! I can still do dinner, but I'm going to have to reschedule the lesson. I have to get my phone fixed." 
Awesome. So we walked to an investigator's house, knocked on her door, she wasn't home, and by then it was curfew. 

Now DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE ONE GUY! We went back yesterday, and HE IS ALIVE! He apologized for not reading the chapter we left him, and said he's really been thinking about church! YES! Hopefully he will come soon :) Then he continued to talk to us again about how much I look like his granddaughter.

Anyway. Also had an awesome dinner with some members in my ward. Never in my life have I laughed so much at a dinner appointment. I may or may not have spit up water at one point. 
May or may not have. 
Yes, that's Sister Stimpson. Keeping it classy. 

Unfortunately, Saturday is transfer calls :/ everyone is convinced I am leaving. EVERYONE. Except myself. 

Elder C: Yeah, you're not staying here another transfer. 
Me: YES I AM.

Elder Z: You've been here five transfers, and SEVEN months. You're so leaving. 
Me: NO I'M NOT I'M STAYING. 
Elder Z: You're just saying that cause you want to!

Sister S: I think you're leaving. 
Me: I HOPE NOT!
Sister S: Well I hope not either!

Sister Cox: Yes....I think you're leaving. 
Me: NO. I'M STAYING. 
Sister Cox: Well that's what I'm hoping for too!

So we'll see :/ I mean....it's no big deal.....cause I'm staying. 

Well I must bounce. Love you all!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder C said that the other day. I yelled at him for stealing my punch line. Then he gave me a weird look and I remembered he doesn't read my blog. 

Sista' Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment