Tuesday, November 26, 2013

transfer week of transfers!

ALOOOOOOOHA!

Ha! Joke - it's freezing here. 

You'll be glad to know that people here are looking out for me. The following people have scolded me for putting off wearing a proper winter coat for as long as possible: 

(In my defense I was ALWAYS wearing a sweater/jacket and gloves.)
Person 1: "WHERE'S YOUR COAT?!" "In my closet." "YOU'RE GONNA BE FREEZING!" "No I'm not!" 
I totally was. 

Person 2: "Miss Sister Stimpson! Where is your coat?!" "I'm wearing it!" "That is no proper coat! That is a sweater!" "I have a long sleeved shirt on underneath!" "Sister R you make sure she wears her coat!"
Person 3: "YOU LOOK FREEZING! WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING A COAT?!" "I'm not cold!" "You're shivering! What are you--stupid?!" "I'm seriously not cold!" 
Now in that case I really wasn't......THAT cold. 

Person 4: "You look so cold! Don't you have a coat?!" "Yes." "Why aren't you wearing it?" "I....don't know."

Person 5: "Do you not have a coat?" "No, I do." "Why aren't you wearing it?" "It's not too cold out!" "You're going to get sick!" "No I'm fine!"

Person 6: "Where's your coat?" "In the car." "Why?" "I.....I.....yeah." "Well there's always ONE careless one in the group. Looks like it's you and Elder Z." (he never wears a coat, either.)

Person 7: "WHY ARE YOU NOT WEARING A SCARF?" "Hey, I'm wearing a coat at least!" "If you're not wearing a scarf next time I see you, you're going to get the beating of a life time!"

Sister R: "I can't believe you're not wearing a coat." "IT'S NOT COLD."
It totally was. 

I'm not wearing a coat right now, either. 

We got our first snow of the season! It was pretty. And pretty dang cold. It's the wind that gets ya. 

Our lessons with our new investigator have been......somewhat awkward. I swear she's the one person in all of NY who just doesn't TALK. So it's mostly silent. And we ask a question and she'll give a simple answer and I'm like, "Great. Are you a New Yorker or what?" 
Well I guess she's not technically. She did grow up in the south, soooo....

Our lessons with our other investigator have gone well, too! She likes comparing Mormonism to Catholicism. Cause she's Catholic. AND SHE'S SO SWEET I LOVE HER! 

Saturday came, and we eagerly waited for transfer calls. I was about ready to wet my pants. Er...skirt. Finally we went to see the lady with the donkeys instead. Right away she asks, "Any news on transfer calls yet?" 
"No." 
Then we heard our phone ring. RIGHT AFTER WE SAID THAT.
"TRANSFER CALLS!" 
We put it on speaker and the three of us huddled around it. 
First of all, Zone Leader kept breaking up because the lady's trailer is in the middle of nowhere. So that made it stressful. 
Zone Leader: "So who do you want to know about?" 
Us: "US." 
"YOU'RE BOTH STAYING!" 
Haha just kidding. 
Zone Leader: "Sister R! You've had a good run. You're going to Oneonta! Sister Stimpson, you're staying here, and Sister S is going to be your new companion!" 
CHRISTMAS WITH THE COX'S, BABY!
Me: "Do you know Sister S?" 
ZL: "Not really. Do you?" 
Me: "No...but we'll be BFF's!" 

Basically, I'm super excited to get a new companion and be staying in Owego! And at the same time.... I'M ABSOLUTLY HORRIFIED TO BE GETTING A NEW COMPANION AND BE STAYING IN OWEGO!
Sister S also can't drive. 
Looks the Lord is making me face three of my fears: 
1. Driving. 
2. Leading out a new area and trying to make decisions KIND OF on my own at the first. Like....that's horrific. I have to come up with all the plans, cause she doesn't know the area. HOW ARE WE GOING TO STAY BUSY????? AAAH. 
3. The New Elder whom I've struggled a bit with....is our district leader. 

I keep telling myself that if the Lord has trust in me to do this, then I should have trust in myself. But that's much easier said than done. 

oh also our new Zone Leader is Elder C. He made fun of me in middle school. I don't think he remembers me. But It'll be fun! I love him now, don't worry. 

Anyway. That's all from me! Love you all so much!

Sista Stimpson of Owego, NY. 
Wow, transfer five. That's a long time. That's okay though! I like it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment