Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Monthaversary!

Yeah I can't believe I've been out a month! And I can't decide if it's gone by slow or fast! Crazy! But I've enjoyed nearly every minute of it!


This week was pretty uneventful. But I had some great "journal moments." Well that's what Sister R and I call them. 
We'll start with Ralph.

I don't know if I told you guys about Ralph, but when we moved in there was a note taped in our closet that said, "Ralph. A good spider. Please let him live. Brush him twice a day and feed him many flies. - Elder L." And it had an arrow pointing to a spider. We kind of freaked out at first, but the spider never moved. So we're like, "Okay. We can deal with a spider that never moves. We'll grant L's wish and let him live."
Then the other day, we were chuckling about Ralph, and we took a flashlight to go check on him. 
That's when we discovered that Ralph's a girl.
And Ralph had many, many babies. 
But here's what I don't get. What kind of spider just SITS there? Ralphina, and all of her children, were just kind of sitting there. Not moving at all. But still. Baby spiders. NOT OKAY. 
So we freak out, and Sister R runs and grabs mildew spray and just starts spraying them. They all start scurrying, and then...they died. All this time I'm standing in the background shouting, "THAT'S IT. THEY'RE DEAD. I''M GONNA KILL THEM." Sister R: "I'm killing them right now, relax!" "I MEAN THE STUPID ELDERS THAT LET THAT THING LIVE." 
But we just killed the spiders instead. And I have since moved on. It was a golden moment of my life.

Also my bad luck with cars continue. All the streets here are pretty narrow. One day we were at a stop light, and a semi goes to turn onto the road....and took too wide of a turn. They were coming STRAIGHT at us! So I'm freaking out and thinking, "This is it. This is the end. I always knew I was gonna die by car wreck. And this is it. Goodbye, world. Goodbye." 
And then Sister R backed up and we drove away and I kind of wasted a worry.
Wasted a worry?
Maybe.

Not much has happened this week! It's rained a ton, and our investigator came to church again! I've also eaten a lot of pizza.   

We went on exchanges this week, and we go to a member's house for dinner. It's an elderly couple and three of there friends. They were all pretty old. The dinner was seriously like the scene from "While You Were Sleeping." They were all talking about completely random things at the same time. Like...three conversations going on all at once. And my companion and I sat there and didn't say a single word until the very end.  Food was delicious, though. And I may or may not have almost tipped over their china cabinet. 
Let's go with may not have. 
But it didn't happen! don't worry! 

Anyway, I love you all so much! Church is true :)
-Camilla
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment