Monday, September 29, 2014

My companion (From September 22)

Another week with so many big changes!
Seriously guys, I can't believe it's only been a week since I emailed you! So much happens in a mission it feels like ages ago!
The anticipation leading up to transfers was pretty good. I wasn't too nervous, and Sister H wasn't too terribly sad, until she had to say goodbye to everyone. I wasn't too nervous about training.....
until the car ride up. 
"WHAT IF I GET A WEIRD COMPANION?!" 
"YOU'RE GOING TO DO FINE!” shouted Elder B back. 
"WHAT IF I TOTALLY MESS UP?!" 
"Sister Stimpson. You actually KNOW how to do missionary work," said Elder G. 
"Sister Stimpson. You'll be fine." they all said multiple times. 
.......ten minutes later.....
"GUYS I'M GOING TO THROW UP!" 
"Are you car sick?" asked Sister H. 
"NO! I'M TRAINING!" 
"Oh my." 
We arrived at transfers, and all the trainers received training on how to be a trainer. 
"So are you guys nervous?" asked one of the assistants.
"HA!" I bursted. 
Everyone gave me a weird look. 
Hey, I just speak the truth. 
Now, here's how transfers work. Those who are training sit on one side of the chapel, and those who are being trained sit on the other side of the chapel. President stands at the podium and announces the trainer’s name. They stand, and then he announces the trainee's name, and they sit together in the middle of the chapel. 
The new trainees walked in. I automatically saw one with short, blonde hair walking in the middle of the crowd.
"I want that one." I mumbled to Sister L, who was sitting next to me, "Oh my gosh. I want to train her. OH my. Sister L, do you hear me?! I sound like I'm picking out a stupid puppy to raise."
"Don't worry, I'm doing the same thing." said Sister J, who was on the other side of me. 
 President began to announce the names, and I nervously kept my eyes glued to the blonde sister. I secretly cheered every time she didn't get picked. 
 It was like a bad gym class. 
 "Sister Stimpson," said President Wirthlin, and I stood up, "in Elmira, with Sister N." 
 Sister N, the blonde girl I had my eyes glued to stood up. 
 I secretly cheered inside again. 
 We hugged, got our picture taken, sat down, and my nerves seemed to go away. 
 The next few days were pretty good, and training wasn't as scary as I'd thought it would be! Sister N is from Utah and did a year of college before her mission. She is great, and I'm glad I get to be her companion!
And that she's not a weirdy. 
 Life's been full of adventures, and I wish I had more time to write about them. 
 Love you all!

 Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment