Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Life of a Missionary (from August 25)



Being a missionary is something else. It's the most spiritual, uncomfortable, amazing, strange and wonderful experience you ever have. 
But sometimes, you get yourself wrapped up into situations that you would NOT have gotten yourself into ANYWHERE else.
 Within twenty four hours, we taught lessons to....
1. An interesting woman in the hospital who had an infection which made me paranoid to touch ANYthing.
2. A person with a LOT of stuff in their house.
3. Someone whose house had some bugs (my legs are now pretty coated in bug bites.)
4. An intoxicated person. (But, we talked with this one about a baptismal date. Wooh!)
5. A woman who hadn’t yet dressed for the day. 
6. A home which was possessed by an evil spirit. You think I'm lying or exaggerating. But I'm not. THAT WAS NOT A GOOD FEELING INSIDE. IN FACT, IT WAS A VERY, VERY BAD FEELING. 
Thank goodness for the Holy Ghost to lead and direct us....
And it was at the end of that day, that I declared that I really, really do enjoy Elmira. 
Sister H and I are the weirdest sister missionaries you will meet. We make one strange companionship, and have way too much weird fun together, mostly because we have the exact same sense of humor and enjoy the EXACT same movies/TV shows. 
It's quite hilarious, cause she can still remember episodes of those shows and/or movie quotes. So often times this is how our conversations go:
Sister H: "[insert movie quote here.]"  
Me: "Ha....ha....." 
Sister H: "Guess what movie that's from!" 
Me: "I have no idea." 
Sister H: "It's from [insert movie that I've seen multiple times here.]"
Me: "Ha.......ha....." 
Sister H: "You don't remember that at all, do you?" 
Me: "Nope."

We had zone training meeting this week! During said meeting, we had interviews with President Wirthlin. In the middle of our interview, he pulled up his iPad, and began to scroll through his transfer board. 
I leaned over and peered at his screen. 
"How do you feel about possibly training a new missionary your last couple of weeks?" he asked.
"Uh...uh.....uh......sure! I mean....if you think I'd be good at it." I managed to say through my slight shock.
"I think you'd be GREAT at it!" 
"Well....yeah....sure!" I said. 
We'll see what happens.
Then I asked if he wanted to see my finger. 
He said it looked ugly. 

 Later, Sister H came out from her interview. 
"President hinted that I'm leaving." she grumbled. 
"Yeah....he asked how I'd feel training." I said. 

Later, I went and talked to Elder T, who served in Saratoga with me, and told him the whole encounter with President. 
"The first week of training sucks, just so you know," said Elder T, "But then it gets a lot better and you'll love it!" 
"Well.....that's good. Hey! Wanna see my finger!" 
"That's hideous." he said, looking at it. 
"I know, right?"
"I still feel bad for laughing when it first happened and before I knew how serious it was." 
"No worries. I would've done the same if I hadn't been bleeding everywhere." 

I'm enjoying Elmira! We have truly seen miracles, and the ward is wonderful :)
Unfortunately, I be out of time. 
I love you all!
See you on facebook. 
Hurrah for Israel!

Sister Stimpson!


"Yup.  We be twins."

No comments:

Post a Comment