Monday, May 26, 2014

One year

One year.
 
One YEAR.
 
I can't get over that.
 
People's response to us being out a year is always, "Wow, so you're on your way out, then?"
 
Yeah they keep saying that, but I don't think I actually believe them. I feel like I just GOT here! Now I've been out a year? So, so weird.
 
But I've loved every minute of it :)
 
Well, mostly every minute of it.
 
So, this week was insane! Absolutly insane. With taking over the Elders' area, we have done SO much! We met with both their's, and our investigators.
 
We met with our elderly investigator this week, and we read some of the Book of Mormon with him. In the past, when we read the Book of Mormon, he'd want to stop and discuss EVERY. SINGLE. VERSE. 
This time, he only stopped when we had questions. It kind of threw me off. I read a verse.....then paused, waiting for him to say something. He just kept looking at the book, so I continued! Beautiful day!
We visited him on Tuesday and Friday. On Tuesday, my hair was pulled back. Friday, I came and it was down again. His response?
"I like your hair better when it's down."
".....Thanks. I like your hair no matter what."
"Gee, thank you!"
Later, he kept commenting on how smart my companion was, and asking her questions all about how she got so smart and how she knew so much.
And then......he just stared at me.
I tell myself that he's turning 91 soon, and has lived a good life, so he can say what he wants. And then I made a mental note to not pull my hair back when we go there.
Afterwards, he didn't want us to leave until we went to go see his "rhubarb field."
So we trek out to his very large back yard, and I gaze around the grass and in between the neighboring houses, wondering where this rhubarb field was! All I could see was grass! How far could it be? We had another appointment we had to get to, and I started to worry that if the rhubarb field was too far, we wouldn't be on time.
"Here it is!" he said.
I look down.
It's a single plant.
"That's it?" I say.
"Yeah!"
".........That's cool!"
"Want some lilacs?"
Then he picked us a bunch of lilacs for us to take home.
That made up for the hair/smart comment ;)



We had a wonderful Sunday! We sat in one of the benches, and I kind of looked around. They encourage us to sit with members if investigators don't come, but we had just sat by ourselves because we were in a hurry. I was looking around, seeing if there was a member sitting by themselves that we could go to, when Sister L says, "Is that our teenage investigator coming in the back?"
 
"What? no, that doesn't look.......Oh my gosh it is."
She came to church!!! Her sister is a member and was in town, and they came together! It made my blasted DAY! And her sister's son came (though he had to be taken out quite a few times) so I felt like I was at home with my nephew :)
She then said that we could come by on Monday (today) so hopefully our lesson with her will go well tonight!
 
Well, it appears I'm short on time once again. This week was great, though. Lots of fullfilling and busy lessons, lots of help from the ward, and lots of fun. This next week we're going on two exchanges, and Sister L and I are doing part of the teaching at a zone training meeting. Should be busy, but good!
 
I love you all!
 
Hurrah for Israel
 
Sista' Stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment