Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hey family/everyone who isn't related to me but reading this!
The first week has been so weird. Like seriously, it's been good, but weird. I've been consistently peaceful and cheerful, but man has it been hard! Time is warped here. Days feel like weeks, weeks feel like days, this week has gone by so quickly but it feels like it's been a month already. Yeah...it doesn't make much sense but anyone who has been in the MTC can probably testify that that's true.
...did I seriously just write 'testify that that's true'? Wow.
There are 8 sisters in my district, all going to Utica! All the Elders in my district are going to Uganda. In our zone, all the sisters are going to Utica and the Elders going to Utica OR Uganda. It's awesome! My companion is from a really small town in Utah. She had never heard of Einstein Bagels until today. She's VERY sweet and kind and SO loving and things have gotten better since the first few days and I am grateful that we're companions.
Oh man. Now for the Elders. The number one question ALL of us ask ourselves (except the Elders) are: "Where are the Elders?" They're always late or missing or don't show up! It's hilarious! The first day they didn't show up to anything because they got the schedule and room location mixed up. There are four elders in our district. Two of them are VERY quiet and serious. And I think I freak them out. The other two are the complete opposite of them.
Everyone in my zone tells me I look/ sound like Emma Stone. EVERYONE. I told them they could start calling me Sister Stone...but... they didn't. Sorry my thoughts are so random! I don't have much time and am trying to tell ya'll everything quickly.
My old roommate lives 5 doors down from me, so we see each other all the time! It's so much fun!
Guess I'll end on a spiritualish note.
Sometimes if you pray to know and overcome your weaknesses, Heavenly Father WILL show them to you.... Sometimes all at once. We had to teach a fake investigator yesterday, and man was it a MESS! I seriously walked out and stood in the corner and said, "I....am going to make....everyone hate the church. And I'm going to be the worst missionary. Ever." I was SO discouraged, especially ‘cause everyone else in my zone was like, 'WE'RE GONNA BAPTIZE THEM AND WE'RE SO READY TO BE MISSIONARIES." Thankfully, my AMAZING teacher, Sister Stanford came and talked to me and told me that the same thing happened to her the first time she taught! After she said that to me I felt so much better!  Our other investigator lesson went fairly well, thankfully.  But man was that rough!  I live in this weird paradox where I'm stressed and frustrated yet still happy.
Just know that I really love and miss you all so much. I have loved my experiences at the MTC and have grown to know the importance of the Book of Mormon and Bible!
I also wanted to add on how amazed I feel that I'm supposed to be here. You know? Like this is where I'm supposed to be, even though it's hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment